Thursday, May 29, 2008

Four Wonderful Years

May 29th, 2004 I married my best friend!! What a day that was. Seeing him graduate from West Point and get commisioned into the United State Marine Corps was awesome!! Then at 2:00 that afternoon I walked down the aisle to become Mrs. Marcus Moyer. I wasn't nervous until I started the walk down the 250 foot aisle and looked all the way to the front and did not see my groom, the best man or the preachers. I looked at my Dad and said, "Where are they?" My Dad started snapping his fingers at the cordinator (for the chapel) and asking where they were and she said, "keep walking they will come out." Well, meanwhile back in the little room where they were Marcus hears the music and starts to realize what is going on. He pushes his brother into the wall thinking it was the door and finally they find the door (it was all paneling) and walk out. My heart settles down and we keep walking. My Dad kept saying that he wasn't going to cry, but I looked at him while we were walking and he had tears in his eyes and that made me cry!! It was beautiful and everything that I had hoped for. It was also my 24th birthday and I got the best present anyone could ever give me!!
Happy Anniversary Babe!! Thanks for being the best husband a girl could ever ask for. You have always been there for me whenever I needed you. You have been a shoulder to cry on and a jokster when I needed a laugh. We have such a great time together and some memories come to mind. Like running from the police or advoiding them as you like to say, climbing up Table Rock, going to Gatlinburg and getting 3rd degree burns laying out in Aruba on our honeymoon. I hope that we have many many more memories together. I love you so much and thank God everyday that he has blessed me with a wonderful husband. Thank you for serving in the military and risking your life that I might live free in this country. You are my hero!! I love you Marcus, Happy Anniversary!!

I love this picture!!


The sword arch.


Yes we can do that, we have a license!!


2nd Lt and Mrs Marcus Moyer
Running across the plain. The building on the hill is the Chapel where we got married.

9 comments:

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

Happy Anniversary Baby, Got you on myyyyyyyyyyyyyy mind.

That was so sweet, your hunk of a man is awesome. You 2 are great!

love ya and don't forget all the advice you have received from these Idaho girls!

SheilaDy said...

Happy Anniversary to an amazing couple!!!

RicKaren said...

Happy Anniversary and Happily Everafter!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I got to be a part of that day and have a lot of the same memories of it. It was a beautiful ceremony and made me cry like your Dad. I still remember being the one person who forgot to turn off my cell phone and Lt. Dave called while you were walking down the aisle. How embarrassing! I love you and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GIRLFRIEND!
XOXO
Sandra

Lucydolls' ramblings said...

OHHHHHHH And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO, ole lady!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday and Anniversary. Isn't married life great.

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary, too! Your wedding pictures are absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie! Wow, it has been years since I have seen you! I found your blog on Sheila's page. I love your wedding pictures! CONGRATS on your Anniversary and Happy Birthday!
Love,
Cher
(Cherylyn Black-Horn)

CrazieChrisa said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!